Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wedding Themes


Lately I have given a lot of thought to what I want our wedding theme to be and can finally say I have have settled on a theme. Romantic. Yes, I want a romantic wedding. I want you to walk into my wedding venue and romance just screams at you. What is a romantic wedding? I'm glad you asked. It is candlelight filling up a ceremony with soft rose petals sprinkled along the aisle, it is delicate and beautiful flowers throughout the reception space, it is soft music played throughout the cocktail hour, it is crystal candle holders and magnificently placed chargers, it is strategically placed up-lighting - that is romance and that is what I want my wedding to be.

Truthfully, I have had a hard time trying to figure out what my wedding theme was going to be. I absolutely knew what it was NOT going to be, but couldn't quite put my finger on what I wanted it to be. I knew that I didn't want a rustic wedding or a fall wedding or a super modern wedding, so I was so glad that I stumbled on the word romance. Also I didn't think it was important for me to decide on a theme but I have learned that it is so much easier explaining what you want at your wedding if you give your vendors a theme, aka a couple of words to describe your wedding day.

Having a romantic and whimsical wedding theme, makes it a lot easier to explain to vendors that I like crystals and rhinestones, a custom monogram, mood lighting, etc. Ahhh, feels so good to know be able to say when someone asks what hey, what type of wedding are you having to say - oh a very romantic and whimsical wedding with the colors of deep purple and lavender illuminating throughout.

Do you have a wedding theme? If so, what is it?

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog tonight and I must tell you that I am very excited that your'e doing this. My fiancé (which is a word I also have to get used to saying) proposed to me on Dec 28 at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and I have now been catapulted into the world of wedding planning (and I feel like I don't have a parachute lol). Me and you truly seem to have the same vision! I wanted a rooftop wedding and Ventanas topped my list but I'm now looking into a hotel since 90% of my guests will be in town from SC. It seems like the room rates for them have now become a priority. My initial guest list shocked me at 200 people and now I'm trying to get it down to between 100 and 150 (cutting people out is solo hard). I haven't picked my colors yet but I was just telling my fifi that I'm liking the idea of purple and orange. Anyhoo, just wanted to tell you that youve got a faithful follower and that I'll be walking in some of your tracks lol. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for stopping by Ebony! And I'm in the same boat as you - I currently don't live in Atlanta and neither do a lot of my guests. I haven't even started looking at the room blocks yets, but I know that will be on everyone's mind.

      Well good luck on venue hunting! Please stop by often and let me know how the wedding planning goes.

      Delete