Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?


I have a confession. I have yet to inform my bridesmaids that they are indeed my bridesmaids. Yes, I have been engaged since July. And yes, I have a pretty good idea of who it will be - its just complicated. My FI has two brothers, I have a brother and he has a set of about 5 good friends from high school and a set up like 5 friends from college. So, lets just say he is having a hard time picking. And I have always had the same good group of friends, so I have always know who will be mine. But its time for me to put my foot down. In about a week we will be selecting our venue and hopefully our wedding date, so it's time for people to know that they are in our wedding. So the pressure is on for him to decide this week. I would like to let me friends know officially the first week of 2013 and it would give me some times to come up with a creative way to ask them. So here are some of my ideas.




I love the idea of tiny champagne bottles, plus the little note that reads, "As I prepare for the day that I'm to be a bride, it would mean the world to have you sipping by my side", is to die for. Super, super cute! However, none of my bridesmaids live in the same city as me (Yea, it sucks to be me, but what can I say we are young professionals), So I can't have too elaborate of a gift because it must travel in the mail well. 


I like the idea of a card, but I think I need more than a card. If I do a card, I am pretty sure it will be along with something else. But I like the one above, its funny and it reminds them of their duties. Lol. 

I do love the idea of this box. I can go to Michael and put it together really nice and include things that are special between me and that bridesmaids. The only thing with this is picking the right size of box, so I don't get weighed down in shipping costs. (Hey, I will be mailing at least 3,4 of these boxes).

Ok, so I love this. It is cute and pink (I will probably substitue it for purple) and just so girly. However, that means I will have to work on it this weekend because I will see one of my friends that lives out of the country next week and I want to go ahead and give her hers. I love the idea of the handwritten notes that captures elements of our friendship and the handwrapped bow. Too cute!

If you asked your friends to be your bridesmaids, how did you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment